Friendship Force Luncheon 3/10/18
Thank you to 34 members who made it to our luncheon. We are happy to welcome Shelli Evans as one of our new members! Our speaker, Dr. Dianne Layden, presented on “The Story of the Rudolfo Anaya Monument.
Mark your calendars for the following journey exchanges:
· May 3-10 Incoming Exchange from Western North Carolina – we ask as many club members as possible to participate in this event as home hosts, day hosts and small dinner hosts. Contact Lenore Pardee @ 256-1455.
· September 20 – 27 Incoming International Exchange from Metro Vancouver B.C. in which we ask for a volunteer coordinator and team to bring this to reality. Contact Mark Vaughan for further information @ 379-3191.
· June 13-19 Outgoing Exchange to Cedar Rapids Iowa. We have room for 5-6 more members. Contact Cheryl Lehmberg @ 972-658-4241 to join in the fun!
· June 5-17 Outgoing Exchange to Northern Germany – a shared journey with Salt Lake City Utah. Contact Mark Vaughan for further information @ 379-3191.
· Next Year – 2019 – May – Incoming – Austin, TX and New Mexico FF Clubs to host Sunshine Coast Australia. Luncheon and Social Event Dates and Themes: More details forthcoming
· April 7, 10:30 – Talin World Food Market Tour followed by lunch at Buca de Peppi
· May 12, 11:30 – Luncheon meeting with presenters from KANW on the unique qualities and varieties of New Mexico Music
· June 3, 3:00-5:00 – Ice Cream Social @ Mark Vaughan’s
· July 14, 11:30 – Luncheon meeting – Patriotic Theme Presentation
· July – Date TBD – Wine and Cheese Party @ Judith Mead’s home
· August 19 – 3:00-7:00 – Picnic @ Elena Gallegos Double Shelter
· September 8, 11:30 – Luncheon meeting with our member Phil Moskal – who will be giving a travel presentation to bring the temples and environs of Anker Wat, Cambodia to life for our members
· October 6, Outing to El Rancho de las Golondrinas Harvest Festival
· November 10, 11:30 – Luncheon meeting – Come to magical Paris and Spain through the eyes of our member Denise Coleman.
· December 8, Christmas Party – Location and Time TBD[J1]
Please share your ideas regarding socials and speakers with any of the board members. This club belongs to all of us and the more voices and input the better we become.
Quotes for the month:
“What is a friend? A single soul dwelling in two bodies.”
“There is nothing better than a friend. Unless it is another friend with chocolate!”
On Sunday, March 11, 2018, 8:17:23 PM MDT, Julie McGaharan <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
Thank you for sending this out to all our current members. Let me know if it comes out formatted with bullet points.
From Julie McGaharan